Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh What A Night.

Life really is good. No matter what the Universe brings us, it is all here to help us grow. I took Kaile to the airport late this afternoon and then made my way back home. As I pondered the visit, I realized just how much we accomplished. Our motto became "Oh, Just one more thing".

When I arrived home it was nice to have one of my senior volunteers (Cassondra) tell me everything for the afternoon had been completed. We headed for the cottage where the 6 GSD pups are located so I could feed them when I noticed one was having difficulty breathing. We gathered the pup up and were off to the vet. Seems like I have been to the vet more times these last few weeks then I have been in my own room.

We have been using Park Ave. Vet in Apopka as they work very closely with the areas rescue organizations. Dr Rick and Dr John are both great guys willing to help even in after hour situations. I can always count on a smile when I enter from the front desk staff as well. Jessica, Amber, Barbara, & Alex are simply SO helpful.

We took an xray and the little puppy girl (Rin) definitely had some issues with the lungs. She had been eating on her own up to 48 hrs ago but this morning needed a tube feeding as the past 24 hr she had been more lethargic and not interested in food. We want to give this little girl as well as the others the best chance possible so she has been hospitalized on IV fluids, antibiotic and nebulizer treatments. We know this is a challenge but we are keeping our energies on the positive and hope she can fight through this.


I am going to ask that if anyone can offer to help us with the vet cost for Rin, please go to www.inharmony.petfinder.com and make a donation by clicking on the dontation button. We are a charity 501(c)3 organization so it is tax deductible.

I would like to take a moment to thank my volunteer Cassondra for all her hard work and effort and let her know she is greatly appreciated. I would also like to say thanks to Kaile for a great time and a job well done. See you soon Kaile :)

1 comment: