Sunday, July 26, 2009

Up, up and away.


Good morning to you all. I hope everyone is having a great weekend full of fun and enjoyable times.

Kafira and Tumaini are growing stronger every day and we are very happy about that.

Funny story about last nights "play session" with Chief (my boarder at the moment) and my neighbors dog Gracie. You can read about Gracie in my book "From Wags To Riches" (www.fromwagstorichesbook.com). I do on occasion have a dog or two here that has either been adopted from us or from folks who know me when they have to go out of town. Since I follow theAmichien Bonding (Dog Listening) lifestyle with all the dogs here, people know it is a happy stress free place for the dogs to hang out. (On a side note, another boarding facility that utilizes our methods is the Bass Pet Resort in Kissimmi).

Well Chief is a really big Lab and he hangs with a pack of 3 other Blondie's and a Border Collie. Chief has also developed quite a liking to my neighbors Golden Retriever. So in the evening if I get some down time, I will take him over for a visit. The result is Gracie gets a slobber job all over her head and two very wore out doggies. They play like crazy and then crash out on the garage floor. My neighbor Jimmy & I get such a good laugh at watching the two.

On my way over last night, Gracie came running toward us to greet Chief and the two took off together. Well on their way back around they were like a freight train heading straight towards me. I did not even see it coming it happened so fast. Chief turned and ran right at me and totally cut my legs out from under me. Up in the air I went and then down I came. Flat on my face. I have to say it was not my most graceful of moments. It did smart a little and I have the bruises today to prove my high flying ability... or lack there of. I may be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound but big Labs are a different story.

So, I am off to get the last of the crew out to start the day and will see you all again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment