Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wiped Out!!

Ok, so it has been a few days since my last post and it is because I am WIPED OUT!! The Pampered Pet Expo was a three day event and I believe I have finally recovered. On Friday morning I was preparing to leave for the expo and get our booth set up but first I had to welcome our boarder Wilson.

Wilson is a Standard Poodle who was rescued by a great family. He was a puppy mill stud dog and is not quite over his ordeal just yet. Pam and Steve have read The Dog Listener and I had been guiding them along as well. They needed to go out of town so I offered to keep Wilson here for them. I did not have much time to just hang after Wilson got here so he was going to be on his own until the volunteers got there. He was a bit stressed, jumped his baby gate and joined the cottage pack but handled things fairly well that day. On Saturday the thunder storm did not help. The poor boy still has a fear of storms and had a rough time when the crew left on Saturday afternoon. When I got home that evening, I was welcomed by some tail waggin doggies who had a major storm party. The only thing missing was the empty beer bottles! I simply had to laugh. Some of our crew came to Wilsons aid by joining in the fun.




When you are working with dogs, you have to realize that things will happen. It really does not matter what the dog does but what you do that is the key. As the days went on Wilson started to improve and Wenseday he rejoined his family. He was happy to see them and is back in his home working on letting go and starting a great new life.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That IS quite the mess. I like how Don jue just kept chewing as you took the video, that is too funny.
    ~Devyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha
    Every time the camera focuses on Wilson, he just has that look of, "Heh... Love me!"

    ReplyDelete