Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New projects

So I am home from an awesome vacation and could not be more grateful for having the time to relax and enjoy, share memories and make memories with my family, and get started on some great new projects. I am still in that technical learning stage and can not seem to get the video of the Bay Bridge uploaded as it is in the wrong format. (anyone know how to convert formats ??) Oh well, onward and upward.

I was quite happy to complete my first childrens book while I was away. Now it's off to seek out a publisher. Wish me luck...

As my nephew has heard me say there is no such thing as luck. Right? Right! It is about mindset. If you know deep down inside that you are lucky; if you FEEL deep down inside lucky, then you can create what seems to be luck. Likewise if you know and feel unlucky then that is what you will create as well.

Take this concept out into the real world (wait I thought this was the real world). Apply it to the upcoming day. Go to bed the night before and see the next day being filled with things that are good. You catch the traffic lights, you find that premier parking space, etc. Wake up in the morning with such a feeling of gratitude for a great day ahead. Get out of bed and smile and know that good things happen to you all the time. This is the beginning of your ability to create that "luck".

On my last day of vacation, I was explaining to my nephew how he could help himself in baseball by doing visualization practice. I was coaching him on visualizing hitting a home run. At one point my younger nephew chimed in he wanted to visualize a donut. I told him to think and focus on it, taste it, smell it and really feel like he has a donut. Later that day we stopped at a family members home that we had not seen in years. After a little lunch she brought out dessert. I bet you have no idea what was for dessert? You guessed it, there were donuts right there in front of my nephew! The power of the mind. Makes you wonder just how great life could be if you monitored what you thought more often...









No comments:

Post a Comment