Monday, September 14, 2009

Finally, Back in Business

I know I owe you a Dog Listener Tip of the Week and I will be getting them posted shortly. I did not have the camera until today. I am back in business!

Mariposa is doing great. She is loving her new buddy but he caught her off guard here in the second photo and she has a face on her that is priceless!






Our girl Raja is coming along slowly. If you remember, she is the GSD momma that lost her pups to distemper. Raja came from Orange County Animal Control where she had been majorly traumatized by the catch pole. I can not enter the enclosure with anything that is a metal pole to clean up. She can only stand that pressure for a minute before she reacts. So, we are in the process of joining a second enclosure to her current one. Then I will be able to shift her over for cleaning. I can completely keep the pressure off and gain her trust. She will probably need about six months to a year for full rehab.

I will have footage of all our new babies that will be ready for adoption shortly. We have been helping several momma dogs and their litters. We have two pups left from a litter without the momma and we are hoping for a strong recovery from them. Once again the harsh aspects of an animal control facility have made it difficult for these little guys to get a healthy start.

Well, I am off to feed the dogs and I will see you again shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kim for all the hard work you put into taking care of the animals. I think it's really cool that you help the wolf dogs. I would like to meet a wolf dog someday. Thank you for taking care of my baby Harley. You are a great person for what you do and you have inspired me to want to help dogs is need. I am looking forward to seeing the video footage of Harley...can't wait! Have a great day.:-) Laura Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. I know this blog was posted a long time ago. But I wanted to ask what a catch pole is and why Raja was traumatized by one. Also, how is Raja now? I sent an email a few weeks ago inquiring about volunteering with you guys. However, everyone in our house came down sick (including our dog, Kaya!) And I haven't been able to respond yet. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for what you have done and I hope to be able to help out at some point.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete